Tuesday 18 August 2015

BUILDING INTER-RELIGIOUS RELATIONSHIP



Man had been before the existence of religion, religion nowadays is really segmenting the human race, and I didn’t know religion will also come with the purpose of differentiating humans just like our color and height have already gained it purpose of human differentiation.

Fine, am not here to lecture on what religion is and how it has changed the people around us and even ourselves and psychology, but I’m here to ask if you as a Muslim can marry a Christian and if you as a Christian can marry a Muslim?   

These issue as ruined a lot of marriages, left a lot of children in religion coma and most importantly ruin the path of worship for some children that their parents of different religion fell in love and couldn’t handle the matter anymore.

Before I start asking your opinion, let me share my point of view.
Me myself and I, was born in a Muslim family, I had a Christian and Muslim background because my dad was a Muslim and my mom was a Christian, I remember a time I had to be with my mom she will say am going to the church with her and inside of me I don’t really wish to because I love Muslims and their way of living but I have to just obey my mom because I was still a little girl then, but now am a Muslim because i found strength and confidence in Islam.

But right here today I'm  in love with a Christian guy and a Muslim guy but don’t know which one to really go into a long term relationship with? Still thinking, when a boss of mine asked if I can marry a Christian but to my surprise this was the answer I gave to him….

“Hmmmmm, I laughed no no no no I can’t, I prefer a Muslim guy because I don’t want my children to get confused with religion palava later on, then I left for my office but this issue kept bothering me, thinking if I haven’t given the man a wrong impression. But inside of me I knew I was right because that was what I wanted after all, I want a man we can pray together, study the Holy Book together, listen to our children reciting the Quran and someone that we can feel happy together without the bias of religion later on.”

As i was saying, after contemplating on this issue at work, I had the chance of asking my other colleagues what their views on the issue, 

Justice a Christian said “yes of course I can marry a Muslim lady, since am not the first and even Fashola and Tinubu married the opposite religions”

Anonymous “hmmmmm yes I can marry a Muslim lady surfer she will change to a Christian because am the head of the family and she must abide to what I want”.

I asked a female colleague who is a Christian and this was her reply: “Noooooooo, I can’t change to a Muslim and I can’t change anything about me, if I marry a Muslim that means I will have to change something’s about me like start covering and the rest.

Now, coming to your point of view, what’s your opinion on this issue; can you marry a man or woman that is not practicing your religion, please state reasons and advice further for others to learn from you.
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO COMMENT AND SHARE…


No comments:

Post a Comment